Friday, December 2, 2011

What do you think of e-cards for Christmas instead of snail mail cards?

We send about 150 snail mail cards every year. Probably 100+ of the people to whom we send cards have email addresses. We could instead send very nice e-cards to them - perhaps this year we'll do both, then cut over to e-cards only next year. How would you feel about receiving Christmas e-cards only?|||About the same as I feel about every other email, its ok for things like a quick question, or an order, or something you don't want or need to keep. It would be OK to receive a greeting from a business or a not-very-close acquaintance. But its not what I would want for my birthday or Valentines day or Christmas. I may be, in fact I know I am sentimental, I keep a box of my favorite cards, the first ones in crayon from my kids and grandkids, the ones my husband sent, the friends who are now gone, are all remembered again each time I open that box and add another one. You can't do that with an email.


My husband asked me once why I kept them and I said its because I can't throw something away with love in it.


Email the unimportant people if you must, but do sent cards to the ones who mean something to you. You never know if they have a memory box under their beds too.|||Nothing can take the place of a card that you can pick up and show family and friends and look at as many times as you want to - keep em going!

Report Abuse


|||Some of my friends send e-cards and I personally prefer to receive an actual mailed card. I always mail birthday, Christmas, engagement, etc. cards to people and I love to receive a pretty card in the mail with wishes from my friends. An e-card just doesn't do it for me for some reason, maybe I'm old fashioned though. Plus, I like to save my Christmas/Birthday/ etc. cards in a basket to look at later, like my mother did. It's nice to look through the basket each year and remember old friends and new ones. An e-card always seems like a "last minute" thought to me, rather than something that the person really planned out to be special.|||I would much rather receive a "real live" Christmas card in the mail. It's much more personal and really makes the recipient feel special that you took the time to send it to them. E-cards are very impersonal and perhaps a little tacky. If your budget cannot handle sending cards in the mail, then by all means send the e-card-- it's better than nothing, but don't take the short cut if you don't have to. Get out the address book, sign the card and put a stamp on it. :)|||there's just something speical about getting an acutal card in the mail. i don't know what it is but it's just is special. i hang them up for christmas time like my parents did. but if u want to do the e-card thing why don't u send the ppl an email first and see if they would mind (blame it on hihg stamp prices!) if they think it's okay then fine but if they prefer regular do that.|||I like receiving the regular cards because I hang them up. I get to enjoy them throughout Christmas and you can't do that with e-cards. |||I send regular cards. It shows that you put forth a little effort, and they look nice hung out on display

No comments:

Post a Comment