Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Anyone have any ideas for apple snail foods?

I know that apple snails like fresh vegis and alge. I put some sweet pear into my tank, and it seems as though the snail loves it. that fatty has been eating it for over 2 hours.





my question is what other types of things can they eat fruit wise, has anyone experimented on what they like. it seems they LOVE pears. let me know.





thanks|||I used to breed apple snails and found the following foods worked well:





* Fish Food Pellets


* Algae Wafers


* Peas


* Cucumber


* Lettuce


* Zucchini





Remember to remove any uneaten food each day as this will go foul and pollute your water in the tank.|||Cucumber , Bloodworms , Brine Shrimp|||Oranges.....though they get a little messy


Squash and cucumber (remove the seeds)....carrots....


Basically, you just want to avoid stuff that will get messy....|||algea wafers, balls of algea, you can purchase. lettus cuccumber. all taht good veggies.|||Romaine lettuce is the champion of Apple snails cuisine.

No comments:

Post a Comment