Friday, December 2, 2011

Is it okay to feed two guppies and a snail goldfish food?

I just got a small guppy, a regular sized guppy, and a snail (all freshwater) from my science teacher. On Google I've found that you are supposed to feed the guppies brine shrimp, but I only have goldfish food flakes.|||Guppies don't just eat brine shrimp. And yes you can feed them goldfish flakes, I feed mine goldfish flakes and they eat it with no problem. For the snails they eat the algae and food crumbs from the bottom so I recommend putting a couple of sinking pellets in the tank (thats what I do with my apple and mystery snails) and they eat that way. They love the shrimp pellets I put in there and so do my fish.|||The snail will have a hard time getting the goldfish food as it floats. Guppies will nibble the food slowly. Make sure there is no leftovers as goldfish food are usually too large for guppy. I have guppies and I never feed them brine shrimp, so no you are not supposed to feed them ONLY brine shrimp.





What do you mean by food flakes? I thought goldfish food were not supposed to be flakes. I don't know, but as long as your guppies like it then they will survive.|||That's okay for now but you should try to get the proper tropical fish flakes. For the snail you should get algae wafers.|||It doesn't take much effort to pop along to your pet store and buy some tropical fish food to feed them properly.|||Yes and you can feed goldfish guppy food.

No comments:

Post a Comment