Tuesday, December 6, 2011

How to control/remove Snail problem in the freshwater aquarium, naturally?

I have 3ft x 1.5ft tank with 20 guppys and 10 neon tetra's. Every week, I hv to manually removed the snail's but it keep coming back with more.





How can I remove completely , although I read through most of the website mentioned ONLY able to reduce snail population.





ps: I tried have clown fish but end up eating my guppy.|||I've read on forums where people have made traps for the snails out of pop bottles. Here is a link to one of them:


http://www.tetracare.com/forums/showthre鈥?/a>|||you could try adding a yoyo loach per 10 gallons, or add aquarium salt from the fish store or puffers|||I recomend Zebra Loaches. These little guys need to be in schools of 5 or so, but they will exterminate most types of snails in record time.





Also ANY Botia family loach will each snails so you have options.|||Take the water, the filter, and the fish and put them in another tank. Then take apart yours, clean it out and completely dry it out.|||any loach dojo,yoyo,zebra,khuli etc..|||Hard to remove all but if you see the egg sack on side of take it out generally about three centermeter's long and clear jelly like also remove as thoughly as possible for a week and you will have a lot less

No comments:

Post a Comment