Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Can I put my baby pond snail in my fish tank?

I have 6 assorted tetras, 1 algae eater, 2 redtail mollies, and 2 guppies, My pond snail is little would it be safe to put it in the tank? Will they eat it?|||Tetras are not aggressive... I beilieve they had tetras confused with barbs. I have 8 different varieties of them living in on tank with many variety of snails in it. I also have a gold fish, 5 different kinds gouromis, some zebra danios and leopard danios. And then I have a algea eater. No matter how big your snails are your fish won't eat it unless you have a loach or a puffer fish or a crab then your snail will be fine.|||yes the fish will eat the snail. tetras can be very aggressive .|||I know for a fact that when snail of any kind get to close to my pond the Koi just suck them right out of their shell. I would not recomend doing it if you have large fish like I do. I have never had problems with tetras, alge eaters, mollies or guppies. Just make sure you dont over crownd them and they should leave eachother alone. If the snail is smaller than ANY of the other fish. You may want to waite until he/she getts bigger.

No comments:

Post a Comment