Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Is my snail dead, and how long does it take for a snail body to decompose when they die?

I have a water snail, and I think he might be dead. At first he was fine, we had him for 2 years, and then he just stayed in 1 spot on the glass. It looked like he was sleeping. I thought he was lonely, because he was without a fish for a while. We bought the fish, then he went into his shell and wouldn't come out. His body is still there, but i don't know how long it takes for a body to decompose. How long does it take, and is he dead?|||It is sometimes hard to tell if Apple Snails are dead. If it is in the same place for several days, and part of it is hanging out of its shell, it is probably dead.





Decomposition will depend on your aquarium. If you have fish or other snails, they will probably eat him before he has a chance to decompose. If you do not have fish, it would depend on your water chemistry, but I would think a few weeks at most. - http://www.exoticgoldfish.net/care.html#鈥?/a> -|||Try to poke it with something to see if it responds and is alive. If it just doesn't react or stays still, then it's dead. I don't know how long it takes to decompose though.|||He probably is 2 years is a long time for a snail to live so I would just bury it or something. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment