Friday, December 2, 2011

How to sell snail eggs as food?

I have a few brown garden snails (Helix aspersa) which are edible. They lay many eggs and since I don't want anymore I just crush the things before they develop. I was wondering, since they are being destroyed anyway, if there was a way I could maybe package and sell them to a distributor or something. I know they have snail farms with these little guys, but I couldn't let the eggs hatch and then kill the little guys to be sold to be eaten, just don't have the heart to do that. Who buys the eggs?|||I don't think they're sold as people food, but as food for various fish and amphibians. If you have a tropical fish store in your area, ask them if they'd like to buy some from you. Kribs, loaches, puffers and lots of others like snail eggs.

No comments:

Post a Comment