Saturday, November 19, 2011

Why is my golden mystery snail breeding like crazy and what can i do?

I've had my golden mystery snail for over 2 months now. It started breeding a few weeks ago and hasn't stopped. There are at least 30 little snails around. I am just wondering why is it doing this and what should I do to stop it. I only have a 10g tank and 3 fish. Please help me try and stop this before it gets to be a hassle!|||The snail was probably egg laden when you got her. If you remove the baby snails and keep her away from any male mystery snails this shouldn't happen again. Check the top of your tank above the water line for sacks of pink eggs. Remove any you find and dispose of them. Your LFS may be willing to take the babies off your hands.|||Thats the thing with snails, they breed so quickly it can be somewhat of a pest. they sell something called snail be gone if you look in the pet stores, it will help control the population of snails in your tank without harming the fish

No comments:

Post a Comment