Thursday, November 24, 2011

My snail layed eggs out of the water on the underside of the aquraium top?

Is this normal? I think she didn't want the fish to eat her eggs but I always thought they had to be in water. The snail got up on the underside of the lid and layed a group of eggs on it. I don't know too much about snails but I like the way they keep my aquraium cleaned up.|||Some species of snails will do that - it offers a measure of protection from bottom feeders such as Plecos. Don't worry about the eggs - the humidity and moisture from the tank will keep them alive. You should see the newborn snails soon!





Snails eat algae, and they are great aquarium cleaners!





See this site for complete snail care info:


http://www.applesnail.net/content/care.p鈥?/a>





Good Luck!|||The large mystery snails will lay their eggs out of the water, and it is completely normal. And yes, it is to protect the eggs from predation. The eggs will have enough moisture to develop where they are, so don't worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment