Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do can I tell if my black mystery snail is dead?

My snail has been floating near the bottom for two days and I looked in the tank today and it was hanging half out. I dont know if it is dead or not because I have never had a snail before.|||If he is hanging out, pick him up. If he doesn't pull in then he is most likely dead=|||There were a number of times that i thought mine was dead (after sitting for 2-3 days in one spot). When I moved him to a temporary tank, her perked up (although water chemistry was fine in the original tank).





Point is, he may well be dead, but be sure. Sometimes they chill for a couple days and look very dead.|||its probably dead





hanging out is the number one sign





see if you can pull the body out gently





if it tries to retract its overclump its still alive|||he's probably extremely sick or dead.

No comments:

Post a Comment