Saturday, November 19, 2011

How long can a mystery snail go without eating algae?

I am thinking about getting a mystery snail for my fish tank. I have a filter, a light, two gold fish, a beta, some gravel, and a fake plant. There is some algae on the glass walls and the gravel but not a lot. Would the snail be able to survive if it was in there and how long could it go without eating algae.|||i have a mystery snail in a 10 gallon and he has trouble keeping up with the algea but when your tank is clean with no algea it will keep eating on small particals in your tank ive had mine for about 6 months and its always eating i catch some in canels an wash them and put them in my tank|||Lets talk about your set up...two goldfish with a betta? yeah so far not so good. Your goldfish should be in nothing smaller that a 60+ gallon tank (if they are common goldfish you will need a 175+ gallon) tank. Goldfish are cold water fish and bettas and tropical fish.





I have mystery snails and I can tell you that they don't really clean..they just kinda sorta clean..they mostly just eat and poo. You have to feed (yes you have to feed them) and care for the snail just like you do for your fish.





I don't think its a good idea for you to get a mystery snail.

No comments:

Post a Comment