Saturday, November 19, 2011

What shrimp or snail is a good algae eater for an aquarium?

I currently have


*2 zebra fish


*6 neon tetras





I would like to know what shrimp or snail is best to eat algae.





How many of each should i get





Should I get shrimp and snails?





I dont want any fish suggestions please!


Any background info about the options you provide and any links would be a great help!!





Thanks :D|||I have a ghost shrimp and they clean the algae of the sides. (But remember just because they eat algae doesn't mean you dont have to clean the tank.)





Ghost shrimp are really awesome additions, they eat the leftover food from you're fish, since they eat just about anything. Maybe once and a while drop in a sinking shrimp pellet.





http://www.fishlore.com/profile-ghostshr鈥?/a> this is a great site to learn about ghost shrimp.





Good luck!





Stephanie|||I have an algae-eater (catfish) myself that works better than anything but if your looking for a snail just go to a local pet shop or something...they usually sell snails just for aqauriums there arent that many different kinds i dont think (for a larger tank prob. 2 or three) but you can always ask someone that works there what their opinion is too

No comments:

Post a Comment