Thursday, November 24, 2011

How long should I take my snail out of the tank when I put chemicals in?

I put a fungus killer in my fishtank yesterday. I took my snail out before I did and kept him out for about 3 hours. How long should I keep him out? I looked at him today and he's sitting on the floor of the tank and is kind of half way closed and doesn't look like he's moving. I think he may have died :(|||put him in a cup of his own for a day or two just to be safe. he's probably not dead, my snails sit in the same spot for days, I'm certain they're dead then the next time I look they're across the tank. silly things. best way to check if they're dead is to smell them. if they smell like rotting they're dead. if they just smell like a fish tank they're fine. you can also pick it up, if they're dead their muscles let go of the shell and they'll often times fall out. it's very gross though. I try the smell test myself, because I don't want to see my snails dumped out of their shells.|||I would say he probably isn't dead. Next time I would wait a little longer, but not so much that he starts to shivel up and die. Good luck with your snail, and I hope he lives.|||24 hours just to be safe|||That depends on what is in the fungus killer. Some of them kill snails as well as fungus. If he doesn't move around a bit within a few hours it would be safe to assume he's dead.





MM

No comments:

Post a Comment