Saturday, November 19, 2011

How much of the apple snail will the puffer eat?

I own a figure 8 puffer, and I recently learned that I must feed him snails for his teeth. It attacks the snail sometimes but doesn't eat all of it. Should I leave it in until it eats more of it? How much of the snail will it eat? Do I remove the snail when it's dead? When should I remove the snail?|||Don't leave the snail in there after the puffer has fed--it will pollute the water. If you want to save the remains put them in the freezer and feed him the rest of the snail a few days later. The serving of snail per meal should be no bigger than the puffer's eye. Remove the snail immediatley after the puffer has eaten a sufficient amount, if you leave a whole snail in the tank--unless it's really tiny--the puffer will eat until it's so bloated it sinks to the bottom of the tank, occasionally they can eat themselves to death.|||The best thing to do is set up a small tank with a few adult apple snails, and when they breed, which they do very quickly and often, you could just feed your puffer the baby snails. They are a better size for your puffer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment