Thursday, November 24, 2011

What substrate do you use in your African Land Snail home?

I used to use Peat (before it became unsustainable and frowned on) in my snails home but have been unable to get it anywhere. I want to get another snail as mine has died of old age but I need to clean its home out and my bag of Peat has run out. What do you use / recommend and where do you buy it?|||What you need is coir (coconut fibre). You can buy it in compressed blocks and you add water to make it up into the substrate. It is a by-product of the coconut industry and is very clean and an excellent replacement for peat. You can usually get it at the garden centre - or it is available on eBay if you prefer.|||sorry but i just use peat i have found that too be best for me but if you go to a opet shop you casn buy a similar thing to peat but it oviously going to be more expensive but thats all i can think of to be honest but you will be able to get it at any petshop it just looks like soil xx

No comments:

Post a Comment