Thursday, November 24, 2011

How do you make jewelry out of ramshorn and mystery snail shells?

I know that something will have to be done to the shells to keep them from breaking. What do I need to the to protect them and then how can I make that into jewelry. I had a mystery snail die and I've been pulling ramshorns out of my tank ever since it go infested with them (so the supply of those isn't small).


Thanks for all and any help! |||Try boiling in water first to clean them. I would try using resin and making clear pendants. You could also try adding the empty shells to anything that has an opening that you could use for a pendant and pouring the resin into that. Recycle!





When I used to have angel fish I would crush the snails, shells and all and the fish ate them. That is good for surplus. Also the bottom feeders will eat them if they are crushed a little.

No comments:

Post a Comment